Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mortgagage Shock, Adjustable rates? What is a blog?

What is happening today in mortgage lending:
Mortgage Shock?Ajustable rates tied to LIBOR, COFI and other idex


What is a blog?
It is now been just a little over 6 months since I started my blog. When I first started I hardly knew how to spell blog and wasn’t really sure how it worked or why I would want one. The deciding point was when I would get calls from brokers who would ask me for information that I had sent out in a daily email maybe days or weeks ago. At that time I wasn’t keeping my information and would have to start the research process all over again in order to help them. That is what made me decide to start a blog. I thought it was a way to house all my information.

A blog is intended to be interactive. I seldom have comments posted on mine although that is the intent of a blog. I definitely would love to see you post your opinions. I was surprised when the Sr. Vice President of AllRegs posted a comment. I wouldn’t have expected him to see my blog. I have found a blog can be far reaching and can definitely give your customer a feeling of familiarity towards you. When I see people that are reading my blog it is like we are instant friends and we kind of cut through the; who am I, what can I do for you stuff and get right to the point.

It has helped me be more available to my brokers. If I get a call with some complicated questions and I am in my car with no access to the internet it could be tough. My blog lets me direct my broker to the requested information so they can see what I am talking about when answering their questions. If someone needs a form I can say go to my blog and click. If someone wants very specific information about FHA Limits, appraisers, condos, termite certifications etc, I can say go here and click

Would a blog help your business? I think that depends on: you, the information you would put on your blog and how often you plan to update information on it. The more informative it is to your potential customer the more likely it would be an asset to you in your business dealings. A blog is very simple to set up and maintain. They are also much less complicated then a website. I could probably show someone how to set one up and get going on it in about 20-30 min.

I am working on a new feature to my blog called “Power Tips” these are ”audio power point shows”. They take about 10 minutes to go over a training topic. Hopefully these will be available in the next few weeks. This brings me to another great point about blogs, you can improve on it as you learn more.

I would love to see your comments on my blog https://mtgview.blogspot.com Please give me a the opportunity to be your lender of choice.


Shirley Nault has been a mortgage professional for over 20 years. Visit her other mortgage web sites go to: www.naultfhatips.blogspot.com or www.dutips.blogspot.com/em>>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shirley,
You are the Greatest Account Rep!! We are so lucky to have you at our disposal and the BLOG has helped myself and others in my office.
Thank you for always being available to help or point me in the right direction.
Brandi Green
Freedom Mortgage Services

Cara said...

Shirley,
I second eveything Brandi said... haha. You always have the answers we need! Thanks so much...I love your blog!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comments. you two are always so kind!